enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identification of an engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53    Post subject: Identification of an engine Reply with quote

Latest issue of Aeroplane (Monthly) magazine has a query about an engine photographed in a museum. I've left the magazine at home, but what I remember is that it was in a museum near a place called Lahr. (the sender of the photograph was Canadian, and I'm not sure if the Lahr mentioned is the one in Germany or Canada: both have aviation links)

My eyesight isn't the best, but it looks similar to an Allison V-3420 but the cam covers aren't right, as well as the inlet manifolds. There seems to be a large pipe, (exhaust) running beneath the engine.

All my reference stuff is in storage in Scotlland: can any of our members identify it? (I'm certain I have seen the photograph before)

Oh, the museum in the '90's had a Concorde exhibit which was the coffee shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: