enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Szekely engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 03:23    Post subject: Szekely engine Reply with quote

I remember, a few years ago, (1990's?) that Pete Bowers wrote that he had worked beside someone called Szekely. He asked if he was related, (I don't remember if it was the actual engine guy or a relative/brother/cousin) and the guy said yes. Long story short, I wrote to a library in America, (Wisconsin?) who had archives about the engine/him mentioned by Mr. Bowers. They photocopied the archives, off the bat, and sent them to me. When I am home at Christmas, I will try to find them. I will then ask the library's permission, and if they agree, I will scan them and post them here on-line.
kmccutcheon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 04:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Bill. That would be great.
wallan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly, there is quite a lot of data about Szekely in the archives. (I think Mr. Bowers met him when he was a junior draughtsman at Boeing?) Love the note about the size of cable used to prevent a cylinder blowing off!

As an aside, I spoke to two members of AEHS at Duxford, (last convention I was at) and spoke about Mr. Bowers going through the Curtiss aircraft and engine company photograph library and finding a picture of a twin-engine P-40. A new picture of this aircraft/mock-up has popped up in a British magazine, recently; I’ll try to find it amongst my vast collection, and let you know.
wallan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 09:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, folks, I couldn't find it. I'll find it one day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: